Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Day in the Life

Friends. Life as an almost-Postulant is busy.

"What do you do all day?" you ask.  Well, let me tell you.

4:50am - Rise and Shine
(In all honesty, the alarm goes off at 4:50. About half of the time, I press snooze until 5:03)
5:30 - Meditation and Morning Prayer
6:30 - Mass
7:00 - Morning Assistance*
8:00 - Breakfast
9:00 - Class
10:30 - Class
12 - 1 - Lunch and Recess Assistance*
1 - 1:30 - Lunch
2 - Class
3:30 - Class
5 - Rosary, Evening Prayer, Spiritual Reading
6 - Dinner
7 - Recreation
8 - Exam and Good Night, Quiet study time
10 - Lights Out (Most nights, I am in my bed by 9. I'm old.)

*Assistance: The Salesian definition of assistance is basically spending time with young people. It is more than just supervising or keeping an eye on them. It is talking, playing, laughing, giving them good thoughts for the day, encouraging, noticing if they are angry/upset/happy/excited, you get the idea. We spend time with them when they first arrive at school and during their lunch and recess time outside.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa !!! Even I can usually make it to 10 PM for bed.

    ReplyDelete