Thursday, October 10, 2013

Goodbye Aspirant... Hello Postulant!

This is my last night as an Aspirant with the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians. Tomorrow during evening prayer we will receive our Postulant medals and officially begin our second stage of formation. Crazy.

Over the weekend, our Superior asked if I was ready to take this next step. I looked at her and said, "Um. I'm here and I'm doing it." Fly across the country into the unknown world of formation to live with people I don't know? Not so easy. But, I did it. And I'm glad I did. Stand up during evening prayer tomorrow and get a new medal? Piece of cake.

Please pray for us. Even though we are already here and doing the work, there's always some anxiety with moments like these.

I miss you all and wish that you could be here to pray and celebrate with me. Our ceremony will take place at 4:30pm California time, so feel free to say a few extra prayers at that time so we can be united! I'll post pictures and give you all the details soon!

Until then, you can enjoy this video of the opening song for our medal ceremony. Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment